Before you begin your journey:
- Register for a pre-departure webinar.
- Review FEA’s Blogging Curriculum you received upon completion of the webinar.
- Set up your blog before you go – you are expected to blog at least once a week while you’re away.
- Complete your pre-departure video, and upload it to Vimeo and your blog.
- Prepare your scholarship disbursement and complete the Disbursement Request Form.
- Send any questions along the way to Lyndsi Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During Your Time Abroad:
Check out these helpful resources:
- A good place to start when searching for resources to help students adapt to life abroad is Diversity Abroad. They have relevant information for racial and ethnic minorities, LGBTQ+ students, first-generation college students, and more!
- The U.S. Department of State also offers a list of practical resources students should know when they study abroad.
- There are countless blogs out there that focus on studying abroad, but a helpful one to start with is CAPA World.
- Similarly, many articles cover how to budget while you’re abroad. A good one to get you started is here: How to Budget for Study Abroad by GoOverseas.
- Some websites, like Huffington Post, have an archive of past posts that were study abroad-related.
- Many universities and program providers have their own list of resources for adjusting to life abroad, as well. Check out what advice your office or program might offer!