Apply by September 15, 2022 at 12pm (noon) EST.
FEA invests in deserving U.S. undergraduates who are least likely to study abroad. More than 100 volunteer reviewers read applications each cycle. In partnership with them, we consider financial need, demographic factors, and academic plan and preparedness to decide our scholarship recipients.
Financial Need is determined by the FEA Financial Aid Form we provide when you begin an application.
Demographic Factors that are considered include minority background, first-generation college student status, and community college experience.
Academic Plan and Preparedness is determined by your essays, unofficial transcript, and letter of recommendation.
To be eligible for an FEA scholarship, you must be:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S. (graduate students are not eligible)
- Study abroad program must be eligible for credit at the student’s home institution
What you’ll need
- Complete the application form online
- Print the Financial Aid Form and bring it to your university’s financial aid office. Someone from that office should complete the form and give it back to you for your to upload to your online application.
- Upload your unofficial transcript to your online application.
- Submit the name and email of your recommender. After your recommender submits your letter of recommendation, you must go back into the application to click submit.
- Make sure ALL application materials are uploaded and submitted before the deadline to be considered for an FEA scholarship.