Hello, FEA Alumni!
We are proud to welcome you to our growing community of study abroad alumni! The FEA Alumni Program offers leadership opportunities, professional development opportunities, and a network of self-supporting professionals across the United States and the world.
Contribute to the FEA Alumni Scholarship Fund
We are thrilled to announce the formation of FEA’s Alumni Scholarship Fund! In our efforts to build out FEA’s alumni programming, we thought: What better way for us to give back to the organization that made our transformational study abroad experiences possible than helping to fund the next generation of FEA scholars?
Our goal is for every single FEA alumni scholar to unite in an effort to to increase access to education abroad for first-generation and minority college students. As council members (many of whom are also still students), we’ve all committed to giving what we can — whether that is $5, $20, or $100!
Check back for information about our first virtual Alumni Conference, to be held spring 2021.
Other Alumni Leadership Opportunities
- Alumni Board Members – Share your valuable experiences with other FEA leaders and help shape the future of our organization. Each year, one alumnus will be elected to the FEA Board of Directors to serve a two-year limited term. Board Members commit to attend two Board meetings annually (mid-November and mid-May) either in-person or virtually, and participate on two Board meeting conference calls (mid-February and mid-August).
- FEA Alumni Internships – Gain valuable experience in communications, scholarship programming, and social media; join our team virtually. The position requires attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Our intern will be responsible for creating engaging text, image, and video content to increase FEA’s brand awareness and grow its digital reach.
- Alumni Advisors – Share your challenges and successes abroad with new scholars. When we select scholars for an award to assist in their travels abroad, they will be faced with new and exciting obstacles: finding housing, retrieving scholarship dollars, overcoming language anxiety, and finding the best spot for a traditional cultural meal. As a volunteer advisor, you will be paired with a current scholar set to travel to a location familiar to you and open the doors of communication. They will be eager to ask questions and hear your advice and tips pre-departure.
- Learn how to articulate your experience abroad: Review resume examples and guidelines as well as interviewing techniques.
- See job opportunities at FEA, Academic Travel Abroad, and CET Academic Programs.
- Fellowships and Scholarships
- Join the online community of FEA Alumni on Facebook & LinkedIn.
Get involved! Contact Lyndsi for details.