The Hiliary Echo Douglas Memorial Scholarship
In Memory Of: Hiliary Echo Douglas
Description: This scholarship will be awarded to one student each year planning to study abroad in Vietnam or within other Southeast Asian cultures for at least 4 weeks (28 days). The scholarship was established in memory of Hiliary Echo Douglas, a study abroad advocate, beloved daughter, wife, mother, and colleague who passed away in 2008. In 1999, Hiliary traveled to Vietnam with a Fulbright Fellowship to investigate modern theatre in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. After two more years working for various international cultural collaborations in Vietnam, Hiliary joined CET Academic Programs as the Vietnam Immersion Resident Director. The Hiliary Echo Douglas scholarship will be given to a student who demonstrates Hiliary’s love for Vietnam, her desire to give back to the world community, and her contagious love for life. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a U.S. college or university.
- Julie Ngo, University of Texas at Austin, Thailand, Summer 2019
- Wendy Vong, University of Georgia, Vietnam, Summer 2018
- Dieu Thao Nguyen, University of Georgia, Vietnam, Summer 2017
- Alexus Cunningham, Benedict College, Singapore, Summer 2016
- Leyanis Diaz, Florida International University, Cambodia, Thailand & Vietnam, Summer 2015