The Cyril Taylor Memorial Scholarship for Study in the UK
Made Possible By: FEA received a gift of $50,000 from The Cyril Taylor Charitable Foundation to fund scholarships for American students to study in the United Kingdom.
Description: This scholarship will be available for programs in the summer of 2020, the 2020 fall semester and the 2020-2021 academic year that are at least 4 weeks (28 days) in length. All U.S. citizens or permanent residents currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S. are eligible to apply.
The scholarship is named after the late Sir Cyril Taylor who spent his life bringing the world together through education and policy as a part of numerous organizations. In 1964, Sir Cyril helped found AIFS, a leading educational organization providing cultural exchange and academic opportunities for more than 1.5 million young people. He also worked for Proctor & Gamble, served on the board for the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust, and served as High Sherriff of Greater London. Born in Yorkshire, England, Sir Cyril was very active in public service and received a number of honors for his work. He was appointed Knight Bachelor in the Queen’s Birthday Honours in 1989 for services to education and was advanced to a Knight Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (GBE) in the 2004 New Year’s Honours list.
- Derrick Burnette, Goucher College, Academic Year 2020-2021
- Madisyn Carrington, Weber State University, Academic Year 2020-2021
- Raelene Mendieta, San Francisco State University, Academic Year 2020-2021
- Mark Ortiz-Payne, California State University, Long Beach, Summer 2020
- Breece Phipps, University of Southern California, Summer 2020
- Kaylee Rodriguez, University of California, Santa Barbara, Fall 2020
- Daydra Smith, Florida State University, Summer 2020
- An Nguyen, University of California, Irvine, Spring 2020
- Maricarmen Pedroza, University of Southern California, Spring 2020
- Airin Wu, University of California, San Diego, Spring 2020