Bring on the black beans and plantains!
Top Three Things I’m Looking Forward To For My 6 Weeks In Antigua, Guatemala:
1. My classes! Okay this maybe sounds really nerdy but I’m honestly looking forward to Sociocultural Influences on Learning. The intersection of culture and education is super interesting/important to me so I can’t wait to learn more about it.
2. The food; bring on the black beans and plantains! :)
3. Living in a homestay. This is going to be awesome! What better way to learn about a culture and pick up on a langauge than to stay with a local family? I’m so so glad my living accomodations are going to be at a homestay.
Top Three Things I’m Nervous About For My 6 Weeks In Antigua, Guatemala:
1. Learning Spanish. I mean I can try to be glass half full about this and say there’s no better way to learn than full emersion, but let’s be real, this is going to be a bit of a struggle, at least at the beginning.
2. Not knowing what to expect. I’m the kind of person who needs to know what the plan is and what my routine is going to be so it’s definitely throwing me off that I don’t know that yet! All part of the adventure right? Right??
3. Missing home. This sounds so lame, but I know I’m going to really really miss all my loved ones back at home. Praise to the internet!