It is the last month of my study abroad trip. I feel the need to squeeze in every little last experience that I want. Currently my mindset is on the go and just do it mode.
Anything I want to eat, I’m not holding back.
- Patecones (My favorite dish here in Costa Rica, fried plantains with dips)
- Caribbean food (They cook with coconut milk! I feel that it’s the soul food of Costa Rica)
- Soda Restaurants (Small family owned restaurant)
- All the restaurants near my school (All type of cuisine, Venezuelan, French, Mexican, Costa Rican)
- Fruits (So much fruits)
- Dessert places (Especially Ice Cream! The dairy here just tastes more creamy, it’s crazy)
Places I want to go, that’s a little harder to plan but I’m trying my best.
- Puerto Viejo (Caribbean Beach town, that is so authentic in culture and people)
- Santa Teresa (Beach town, many have told me they love surfing there)
- Montezuma (A little more unknown beach/nature place)
- Osa Peninsula (The most bio diversity in the world!)
People I want to talk to, I’m working on that. I’m shy and intimidated by a lot of people so it’s a bit hard.
- Locals! (Maybe a local student)
- My Mama Tica (Honestly still feel shy and not close, maybe just talk more is the key)
- Classmates (It’s a small class, I have no excuse)
I fulfilled mostly the food parts of my list, half of the bottom list and one of the 2nd list. There was too little time for traveling and my friends and I decided that it would be best if we made the most of our time with the people, the place, and the food that lived around.
I have no regrets, Things happened the way that it was suppose to. I wish I made a Tico friend and talked to my mama Tica more but I was not advanced enough in Spanish, I was shy, and it didn’t seem like they had time for my to be. These are all excuses I could have eliminated/worked on but it happened the way it did. Maybe next time when I return I will be more confident in my Spanish. Of course it would be the same experience but I see this as motivation to continue with my Spanish.