I am staying a total of four months in Costa Rica. The first three month I had 3 electives, Photography, Sustainable Agriculture, and Sustainable Consumption and Production. The first and last month I have Spanish.
Usually my days went like this:
- Wake up around 6
- Have breakfast with my housemates
- Walk to class (10 mins)
- Schedule: Depending on day sometimes I would be at the University for 9 hours, 6 hours, 4 hours, or 2 hours. (It wasn’t bad, there was a lot of free time after the first month)
- Walk home
- Eat Dinner (My mama Tica, Flor, is an excellent cook. I love everything she makes and it’s almost always healthy)
- talk to my boyfriend then go sleep around 10 or 11 o clock.
- travel to different parts of Costa Rica (Everywhere usually takes at least two hours to go)
- Return Sunday night
The small moments that makes my day are:
- Walking to school with my roommates Tessa & Tierra.
- Eating at the dining table with my roommates.
- Walking home with one of the closest friends I made here, Faith.
- Practicing Spanish with my boyfriend from Guatemala at night.
- Having small conversations in Spanish with my drivers (Uber/Taxi)
- Having here and there conversations with my mama Tica, Flor.
- Hanging/talking to other students from different parts of the world.
- Taking good picture at the places I go.