Application for summer 2019, Fall 2019, and academic year 2019-2020 Will open november 19 at 12PM EST.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S. (graduate students are not eligible)
- Study abroad program must be eligible for credit at the student’s home institution
- Study abroad program must be at least 4 weeks (28 days) in country/countries
- Online application form
- Unofficial transcript
- Financial Aid Form (to be filled out by financial aid office, returned to student, and uploaded by student applicant)
- Recommendation letter (only 1, submitted by a professor or advisor)
- It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure FEA receives all application components by the deadline of January 7th, 2019, 12pm (noon) EST
Funding Amounts: FEA awards scholarships of up to $10,000 for students who plan to study abroad for a full academic year; $5,000 for students who plan to study abroad during the fall or spring semester; and awards that are prorated by number of weeks in-country (with a minimum of $1,250) for students studying abroad during summer.
Preferences: FEA gives preference to students with demonstrated financial need, and strongly encourages students to apply who represent a group that is traditionally underrepresented in education abroad. These groups include, but are not limited to:
- First-generation college students
- Minority students
- Community college students