The South India Term Abroad (SITA) Nallennam Scholarship
Made Possible By: The South India Term Abroad program has bestowed a gift of $195,000 to the FEA to fund a legacy scholarship for study in India.
Description: This scholarship, derived from the Tamil word, nallennam, for benevolence and goodwill, will create two endowed scholarships: $5,000 for a full semester program and $2,500 for a summer term. The gift is part of FEA’s “Bringing the World Home” capital campaign, launched in 2017. All U.S. citizens or permanent residents currently enrolled as an undergraduate at a college or university in the U.S. are eligible to apply. Study abroad programs must be at least 4 weeks (28 days) in length to receive an FEA scholarship.
Preference will be given to those students who wish to study abroad in southern India. Additionally, preference will be for the former SITA consortial member institutions (Bates, Bowdoin, George Washington, Grinnell, Oberlin, Sarah Lawrence, Smith, and Whittier), but otherwise, the scholarships are open to all who wish to apply.
- Katherine Cabrera, Florida International University, India, Summer 2021 (awarded in March 2020)
- Sindoos Awel, Emory University, India, Summer 2019
- Zyreshia Jackson, University of Florida, India & Nepal, Summer 2019
- Tasfia Jahangir, University of Southern California, India, Summer 2019
- Olivia Morales, University of Texas at San Antonio, India, Summer 2019
- Valentina Nunez, University of Florida, India, Summer 2019